You can easily make your own lip scrub at home with just a few kitchen ingredients. This Cranberry Sugar DIY Lip Scrub is the perfect gift idea for Thanksgiving or the Holidays!
Cranberry powder and brown sugar make this lip scrub sound like a Thanksgiving dessert. The recipe is made with just 3 all-natural ingredients you can also use in your kitchen, and might already have in your home!
What Does a Lip Scrub Do, exactly?
A lip scrub removes rough patches and flakes from your lips. This makes your lips look smoother and makes it easier to apply lipstick or lip balm.
Colder temperatures in fall and winter can take a toll on your lips. And harsh winds can make your lips chap and crack. By gently buffing your lips with a moisturizing scrub you can remove that pesky layer of loose skin and reveal beautifully soft skin underneath.
How To Apply Lip Scrub
Dab a small amount of lip scrub across your lips. Gently massage your lips with your fingertips. And wipe the paste from your lips with a wet cloth or cotton pad.
It really is as simple as that!
How To Apply Lip Scrub for Best Results
- Dip your clean, dry finger tip into the container and take out some of the lip scrub.
- Gently pat the scrub across your lips.
- Massage the scrub onto your lips using soft circular motions with your finger tips.
- Use a wet wash cloth or round pad to remove the remaining scrub from your lips.
- Finish with a moisturizing layer of lip balm.
A lip scrub is also an essential step if you want your lipstick to last. Follow all the steps above before applying your lipstick like a pro and it will last all night long.
How To Make Lip Scrub at Home
You can easily make your own lip scrub by mixing an exfoliating ingredient, like sugar, with a moisturizing ingredient, like coconut oil.
This DIY sugar lip scrub is made without honey, so it’s perfect for vegans too!
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cranberry powder
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Repurposed container
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Scoop 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of fine cranberry powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients. Keep stirring until all the lumps are removed and the mixture has an even color.
- Scoop the lip scrub into a clean container.
- You can sub brown sugar with another type of sugar or even fine sea salt.
- Play around with the proportions. You might like your lip scrub to be less or more exfoliating.
- Keep the container closed between uses and store in a dry place.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like this Sugar DIY Lip Scrub Recipe, than don’t forget to put a pin on it!