This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite breakfast/desserts: cinnamon rolls.
And this recipe was inspired by one of my favorite tutorials on this blog: my vanilla latte lotion bars.
When you put the 2 together you get CINNAMON ROLL LOTION MASSAGE BARS.
Now that I’m finally embracing fall I wanted to turn yet another season favorite into a Beauty DIY.
Recipe for 3 cinnamon roll lotion bars:
What I used:
How To make Cinnamon Roll Massage Bars:
Melt the cocoa butter and Shea butter in a double boiler or the microwave.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the melted mixture and stir to combine. I used one of my favorite oils: almond oil. But you can use whatever oil you like, such as coconut oil or olive oil.
Next add about 3 drops of cinnamon oil to the butter and oil mixture. This makes the lotion massage bars smell like heavenly freshly baked cinnamon rolls! I’ve read that some people find cinnamon oil a bit irritating for the skin. That’s why I only used 3 drops (ps – that’s more than enough to bring out the cinnamon scent!) You can always substitute the cinnamon oil with a different essential if you prefer.
By the way – If you like this recipe then don’t forget to put a pin on it! 🙂
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the melted mixture in a seperate bowl. Add about 1 teaspooon of cinnamon to this mixture. Stir well to combine.
Carefully drip the cinnamon mixture on the bottom of about 3 round cupcake molds, drawing a spiral shape at the same time. I actually used a whoopie pie mold. The same one I’ve used for my Crystal Rock Bath Salt Melts and Unicorn Macaroon Bath Bomb Melts.Talk about return on investment! And I haven’t even made actually whoopie pies with it yet 😀
Set the lotion massage bars aside or let them harden in the fridge overnight. Once the cinnamon swirls have cooled down, divide the rest of the mixture over the molds.
Let the lotion massage bars cool completely before you take them out of their molds.
- 6 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp. Shea butter
- 1 tbsp. almond oil
- 3 drops cinnamon oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Melt the cocoa butter and Shea butter in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the melted mixture and stir to combine. Next add about 3 drops of cinnamon oil.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a seperate bowl. Add 1 teaspooon of cinnamon to this mixture. Stir to combine.
- Carefully place the cinnamon mixture at the bottom of 3 round cupcake molds while you draw a spiral shape with your spoon.
- Set aside or in the fridge to harden. Once the cinnamon swirls have cooled down, divide the rest of the mixture over the molds.
- Let cool completely and take them out of their molds.