Are you loving all those DIY anti-cellulite creams, but you’re not a fan of coffee? This is just what you are looking for!
Grapefruit is one of the most effective essential oils to fight cellulite. And it’s the star ingredient of this easy lotion!
How To Make Anti-Cellulite Lotion
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup store bought (preserved) aloe vera gel
- 12 drops of grapefruit essential oil
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make your own Lotion
- Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil in the microwave on a low setting. It shouldn’t be hot, just barely melted.
- Add 1 cup of aloe vera gel to a jar (or something with a lid on it). As much as I love it fresh from the plant, I recommend using store bought aloe vera gel. You can find it at most drugstores and health stores. They contain (natural) preservatives that will help prolong the shelf life of your lotion.
- Add your melted coconut oil to the aloe vera gel. Then add your grapefruit essential oil. I added 12 drops but you might use more or less depending on your preference.
It’s time to shake things up!
I’ve had my personal struggles with aloe vera lotions in the past, but I have finally found the perfect method to mix the oils with the gel.
- Put a lid on your jar/container. Start shaking the jar as if your life depends on it. Just until your lotion has a smooth consistency.
- Give the coconut oil some time to harden and it’s ready for use! Keep it in the fridge for an extra refreshing lotion.
Store this homemade body lotion smoothie in a dark, air tight container in the fridge. Use up within four to six weeks.
For a longer shelf life, leave out the aloe vera gel and just whip some coconut oil with an electric whisk. The texture will be different but the cellulite busting effects will be the same!
Enjoy your body lotion smoothie!