DIY Vanilla Latte Coffee Lotion Bars

Looking for a last minute gift idea for Christmas? Look no more. These cute coffee lotion bars will be a success with every Secret Santa!

Don’t forget about me! Pin this post for when you need a quick gift idea.

These lotion bars smell amazing! Quick and easy Tutorial on How To make Coffee Beans Vanilla Latte Massage Bars - inspired by LUSH! DIY by The Makeup Dummy

What I used:

• 6 tbsp. cocoa butter – Get it here
  • 1 tbsp. Shea butter – Get it here
  • 1 tbsp. (coffee-infused) oil – Get it here
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract – Get it here
  • a handful of coffee beans
  • 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)

To help you find the ingredients you need for this tutorial I’ve added links in this post to places you can find them online. I’m part of the Amazon affiliate program so I get a small commission when you buy something via these links. But feel free to Google the ingredients to find your own or buy them from local vendors in your area!

I melted my cocoa butter and Shea butter in a double boiler.

Using coffee-infused oil gives these coffee lotion bars extra cellulite busting power! If you want to use coffee-infused oil (I used cofee-infused almond oil), you can find a tutorial on how to infuse oils with coffee in my cellulite-busting lotion post.

In this DIY tutorial I share both a cold and hot method to infuse your oils with coffee.

Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for a nice vanilla scent. It smells amazing with the coffee beans!

Distribute the coffee beans evenly over your mold. Fill up the molds with the mixture. The coffee beans will start to float on top. I made 4 lotion bar hearts in total with this mixture.

Wait for the lotion bars to harden. If patience is not your strong suit, pop them in the fridge like I did!

How to make your own Vanilla Latte Lotion Massage Bars | DIY by The Makeup Dummy

Vanilla Latte Lotion Bars

Looking for a last minute gift idea? This massage lotion bar is a real treat!

Ingredients

• 6 tbsp. cocoa butter
  • 1 tbsp. Shea butter
  • 1 tbsp. (coffee-infused) oil
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
  • handful of coffee beans
  • 1 tsp. vitamin E oil optional

Instructions

1. Melt the cocoa butter and Shea butter in a double boiler.

2. Take your double boiler off the heat and add 1 tablespoon of (coffee-infused) oil. I used almond oil. You can also add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.

3. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for a nice vanilla scent.

4. Distribute the coffee beans evenly over your mold (this recipes makes 3 to 4 lotion bars). Fill up the molds with the mixture. The coffee beans will start to float on top.

5. Let the lotion bars set at room temperature or covered in the fridge.

Recipe Notes

This recipes makes 3 to 4 lotion massage bars, depending on the size of your molds.

1. Pingback: Top coffee DIYS

2. Pingback: DIY Coffee scrubs and cellulite

3. Marinna 17 August 2016 at 16:48

Hi can you please share where you got the molds for these from!?

1. The Makeup Dummy 10 May 2018 at 12:18

Hi Marinna, I’ve had these molds since forever, but I’ve found these heart shaped molds that look pretty similar on Amazon (affiliate).

4. Lianna 9 November 2016 at 18:18

Hi,
    How did you infuse the almond oils with the coffee?

1. The Makeup Dummy 11 November 2016 at 22:17

Hi Lianna, I show 2 different methods for infusing oils with coffee grounds in my DIY anti cellulite lotion tutorial!

5. Megan 20 November 2016 at 19:30

Is it possible to make these using only cocoa butter and no shea butter?

1. The Makeup Dummy 20 November 2016 at 19:38

Hi Megan! Yes, you can but the lotion bars will melt a little slower. You can also substitute the Shea butter with more oil, than they will melt a little faster. The choice is up to you! 🙂

1. Megan 20 November 2016 at 19:42

Perfect! I will let you know how they turn out. Just tried out your glitter egg bath bombs- they are drying now. Wish me luck!

6. Ashleigh 4 December 2016 at 21:35

Where’s that plate from… I love it!

7. Pingback: Świąteczne prezenty DIY, które sama mogłabym dostać • IdaliaStyle.pl

8. Pingback: DIY | Vanilla Latte Lotion Bars – I Am Learner

9. Pingback: Lotion Bars You Can Easily Make at Home

10. Stephanie 4 August 2017 at 15:10

How did you get the vanilla extract to bind with the oils and butters? I tried this recipe and while the massage bars themselves turned out great, all the vanilla extract sank to the bottom of the mold and left bubbles on the bottom of the bars.

1. The Makeup Dummy 4 August 2017 at 20:10

Hm, I have no idea what might have happened … did you use pure vanilla extract? Mine melted together with the butters.

2. Erika 20 December 2017 at 00:51

This happened to me too! Did you figure out what the culprit is? I used Simply Organic pure vanilla extract and left them overnight then put them in the fridge this morning because they still seemed soft and when I went to pop them out, vanilla dripping all over the place!! Ahh. Maybe I put too much in?

11. JIll 23 October 2017 at 18:41

Where did you get the molds?

1. The Makeup Dummy 23 October 2017 at 18:46

Hi Jill, I don’t remember exactly, but I’ve found a very similar mold online: http://amzn.to/2yJxWK5 (affiliate). These should give you the same result!

12. Grace King 6 January 2018 at 19:32

do you need both shea butter and coconut butter?

13. Amy H 19 January 2018 at 14:11

Please instruct how you infused the almond oil.