Nothing says summer more than a tropical fruit print. And I bet you can make your own print right now. All you need is a few household items. That way you can upcycle an old plain shirt with a fresh pineapple print. And you can enjoy summer all year long!
What you’ll need:
- a plain shirt
- 1 or 2 sponges
- fabric paint
- Pearls or beads
- needle and thread – and some very basic sewing skills
- Put a piece of cardboard between your shirt to prevent any stains.
- For the ‘base’ of my pineapple, I cut the corners of my sponge.
- Put a thick layer of fabric paint on your sponge/stencil.
- The moment of truth! Carefully place your sponge – painted side down – on your shirt. Press it down firmly.
For the leaves I cut out a custom made stencil. I used both sides to get a symmetric pattern.
Apply a new layer of fabric paint on your stencil before each leaf.
- As a finishing touch I sewed on a few pearls!